Coal-Fired Plants in South China - other provinces
 

Castle Peak
Location: Hong Kong
Operator: CLP Group
Configuration: 4 X 350 MW, 4 X 677.5 MW
Operation: 1982-1990
Fuel: bituminou coal, fuel oil, natural gas
Boiler supplier: BPL
T/G supplier: GEC
EPC: CLP, LG Mochel & Partners, GEC
Quick facts: Castle Peak PS is located at Tap Shek Kok in Tuen Mun District. New FGD, BOFA, and SCR systems at the "B" plant were inaugurated in Mar 2011. On 19 Nov 2013, CLP Group and China Southern Power Grid Co agreed to spend HK$24bn to acquire Exxon's 60% stake in Castle Peak Power. After the transaction, CLP has a 70% stake while CSG holds the remaining 30%.

Photograph courtesy of CLP
Posted 28 Dec 2013

Hainan East
Location: Hainan
Operator: Huaneng Power International
Configuration: 2 X 350 MW
Operation: 2009
Fuel: coal
Boiler supplier: Harbin
T/G supplier: Harbin
EPC: Central Southern China Electric Power Design Institute
Quick facts: These were China's first supercritical sets in this size range. Unit-1 went commercial on 20 Jun 2009 as Hainan's largest capacity generating unit. The plant has FGD and SCR and is equipped with GE Energy's OC4000 distributed control system. Hainan East first phase construction included a new coal wharf and cost about Rmb 3.25bn.

Photograph courtesy of Huaneng Power
Posted 17 Apr 2010

Abbreviations

Data: industcards, Platts UDI World Electric Power Plants Data Base

Updated 11-Aug-2016

Home